Wednesday 23 October 2013

IJAD - One week to go!


On Monday I returned to the Science Museum to see how InFinite Space has been developing. I was intrigued to see how much the performance would have changed and progressed since my time spent with IJAD last week.  I also wanted to further explore how Twitter was going to be used during the performance.

I met Stephanie who is the brains behind IJAD’s social media and found out a bit more about the plans for Twitters interaction on the night.  I discovered that audience members can tweet during the performance and these tweets will be directly incorporated into the performance via large projections – an exciting prospect! At the moment IJAD are tweeting questions which will provoke answers that performers can interpret into their routines.  IJAD showed some examples of how this works, which made it a bit clearer for me, here.   

Stephanie was also encouraging the performers themselves to get involved with Twitter and think about parts of the performance so far that lead to questions. Again, as I have mentioned previously, these are by no means questions with simple answers. Is it a bad sign that my first reaction to the question below was Malteasers?




The structure of the performance was much clearer this week, with three main sections exploring different ideas.  A variety of effects had also appeared including an amazing projection of a space landscape backdrop which the dancers and jugglers perform in front of.  There was also the introduction of dry ice, to everyone’s excitement, which in front of the space backdrop looked brilliant.



In terms of the performers development I particularly noticed that the jugglers moves had become much more “dancey” (technical term), which worked really well with the dancers contemporary moves as well as being more effective during moments when the jugglers perform on their own.  Part of the performance which was especially effective was the illusion that one of the jugglers was plucking stars from the backdrop and then it would appear as though they were juggling with these. I am intrigued to see how this develops further.

Overall the performance has come on leaps and bounds since last week, and with only a week to go until show day I can't wait to see the finished performance!

Stay tuned for some videos I took during the rehearsal!

No comments:

Post a Comment