Thursday 7 February 2013

5 Goals for 22!


With just a few days until I turn the big 22 I’ve found myself reflecting on my year as a 21 year old and what I hope to achieve when 22.  I couldn’t wait to be 22 when I was little, mainly because it is the door number of the house I have lived in for my whole life and, as embarrassing as it sounds, I always thought it would be amazing to be the age which is also my door number. I feel for people who live in numbers they are unlikely to reach …
Anyway, moving on from that revelation, I thought 22 would be an age where you’re pretty sorted – how naïve I was! Most people make lists of things to do before they are 30, but as that’s still 8 years off I’ll make a slightly more realistic and hopefully feasible list of things to do before I’m 23.

1.     Get a job – sounds simple but have a feeling it won’t be. I have started applying to a few positions so we’ll see. Dream situation in a year would be to be settled in a job I love with enough money to sustain my shopping and Café Nero fudge cake habits

Heaven on a plate!

2.      Live in London (and not Croydon) – also sounds simple but probably won’t be, it is somewhat reliant on number 1 working out. Also preferably live in a really cute quirky place, Hugh Grants house with the blue door in Notting Hill would be quite nice … I can dream.

3.     Keep practising the violin – now that I have decided I do want a job rather than just trying to wing it as a musician for a bit I’m determined to keep practising a little bit every few days (it’s surprising how quickly you start to loose it!)

4.     Go on an amazing holiday again! 2012 saw me visiting New York and Dublin so I want 2013 to bring me another great adventure.  Somewhere hot would be nice, especially if a heat wave that lasts longer than 2 days fails to appear yet again here in sunny Britain

5.     Learn to walk in heels. I love the way heels look and the way they can bring a whole outfit together yet, at a fairly tall 5ft10ish, I am yet to master the art of walking in them without looking like a penguin stuck in a desert.
Aiming too high??
http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/shop/women/very-prive-patent-9.html

I’ll stick to five, seems fairly reasonable. Let’s see how I do over the next 12 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment