Thursday 27 December 2012

So that was Christmas, I hope you had fun


I can’t decide if I like Christmas or not, I think it’s a strange time of year mainly because there’s such expectation that it will be the best day of your year and you will be happy and you will love every second.  I don’t think of myself as a ‘Scrooge’ but I do sometimes struggle to truly embrace the Christmas spirit when Christmas day arrives.  However I love the build up, from buying gifts you know people will love to dancing round the house to my Christmas playlist while covering as much as possible in glitter and tinsel.

Family Gingerbread House creation 
But there is just something about Christmas day itself, which is always slightly disappointing, nothing in particular, there’s always just an air of ‘oh’. Is it just me? I suspect not, anything that is built up that much for weeks on end can never quite live up to expectations.  The huge sense of pressure to have fun is also quite stressful; I don’t think any day can live up to that. Quite often I think spontaneous things are the best, so if we could all just pretend Christmas isn’t happening up until Christmas Eve and then suddenly universally shout “SURPRISE it's Christmas tomorrow!” it would be much more fun in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment