Monday 24 December 2012

Who wants to go and see Viva Forever with me?


As a girl who grew up in the 90s I can’t deny my love for the Spice Girls.  It wasn’t just the catchy songs to re-enact in the playground at school (and yes I was always Baby) it was their personalities and the idea of Girl Power which I must admit I still try to live by today.  I remember I had a Spice Girls sunglasses case and shorts and t-shirt set but unfortunately no one ever brought me the dolls … one day maybe. My Mum has said how she used to watch a bunch of 6 year olds dancing along the street singing “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends” – Spice Girls songs really do teach you life lessons. 

I just watched the documentary about the rise, and fall, of the band as well as how the musical was put together (some critics on twitter commented saying it was just a really long advert for the show – obviously not original fans). In student digs across the country, and maybe even world, girls dance around to Spice Girls songs while getting ready for a night out purely because it’s so much fun– I know I’m not the only one, I live in halls and the walls are thin.  So I’m desperate to go and see the show and just have a really fun night out, and possibly go with four other girls willing to go in fancy dress … but remember I’m always Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment